DSG Projects: V1 Autonomous Vehicle
V1 is an autonomous vehicle that recognizes possible obstacles through IR
sensors and responds accordingly.
The vehicle consists from two microcontrollers, two stepper motors, motor
shield, one sensor, ethernet shield, wifi bridge and one lcd
How does it work :
- An infrared sensor in the front part of the vehicle acquires digital values
in the range 0-670 value.
- The appropriate algorithm converts the values to distance (cm.)
- This way obstacles are located and avoided.
- The stepper motors that guide the vehicle turn it appropiately.
- The vehicle can be driven through the internet since it is equipped with an
ethernet shield and a wi-fi bridge.
- There is also a small screen on the back of the vehicle, in which the
distance from the obstacles appear.